[ubuntu-uk] GPL etc.

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Mon Dec 26 10:37:27 UTC 2011

This isn't strictly Ubuntu, but more a generic "Open Source" question.

I am looking for a WYSIWYG editor for my own bespoke CMS that I have
written, and have until now been using FCKEditor.

I have found this one, however, which looks very nice but it isn't
generic... it's specifically written as a Joomla plug-in

http://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/

Am I able to fork this, and make it "generic" (ie. so it can be integrated
into any CMS)?

My understanding of GPL is that as long as I make the generic version
available to everybody, under the same GPL, I should be okay?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Sean