[ubuntu-uk] ideas for 12.04

paul sutton zleap at zleap.net
Sun Dec 25 11:13:25 UTC 2011

On 25/12/11 02:05, Andres wrote:

>> 3. Brassero (or any cd writing software)
>>
>> some sort of dynamic icon to display progress,   even if this is a small
>> box that displays percent complete,
>>
> i think i saw this on the ubuntu one icon on the unity menu: it had some sort of loading line over the U. Do normal users still burn cds? Would it be better the other way around: sending your music cds to ogg?

I am using it is for creating DVDs  however the feature is still useful
having a progress indicator does not really distract from other work,
so in this sense yes, as we create Ubuntu cd's, plus the cd image can be
copied to flash drive anyway.   So for the authoriing software again it
would be non intrusive.

I guess i should have said recordable media, I am currently making dvd's
of the star trek new voyages episodes so I can watch on the TV through
my dvd player.

Also cd's a good for making quick backups of stuff.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Join the revolution, switch to Ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com