[ubuntu-uk] qlcodes on ubuntu cd wallets

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 18:06:16 UTC 2011

Hi Grant

On 23 December 2011 17:39, Grant Phillips-Sewell
<dcglug at cornwall-it.co.uk>wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Alan Pope <alan.pope at canonical.com>
> wrote:
> > On 22/12/11 21:59, paul sutton wrote:
> >>
> >> Yeah,  would canonical agree to something like that on the cd wallets ?
> >>

> > The picasa link didn't work for me so can't see it.
>
> Sorry about that... I renamed the "folder" in which the image was
> stored.  I'm now keeping all Ubuntu-related images here:
>

> https://picasaweb.google.com/100100192569274200897/UbuntuImages?authkey=Gv1sRgCPz17P6AkPXE_gE

Just a couple of observations on the CD wallet.  The text beginning 'You
are legally entitled...' could imply, for some people, that you are not
legally entitled to copy and distribute for commercial and business use,
i.e just personal use.

I would avoid acronyms like 'GUI'.  You and I know full well what they
mean, others may not.  I would just say 'User Interface'.  But even that is
a bit too much like jargon.

Tony