[ubuntu-uk] DVD Booklets?

paul sutton zleap at zleap.net
Fri Dec 23 11:59:41 UTC 2011

On 23/12/11 11:21, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 23/12/11 11:14, Matthew Daubney wrote:
>> They have them on train station platforms now, providing a link to
>> timetables for trains :) Was the first major use I saw for them. Also
>> noticed them on a few bus stop type advertising bill boards for games
>> (again giving a link for more information, though one was a link to
>> phone backgrounds and stuff) -Matt Daubney
>
> Right. So you're walking past something and don't have a pen or paper
> to hand it makes sense to snap a picture of a QR Code to note it for
> future perusal. The product in question (timetables, pictures, sounds
> etc) is not tangible it's electronically delivered and the QR code is
> just a shortcut to get it.
>
> Its very different for tangible products like DVDs where you have the
> thing in your hand. I am unconvinced that someone would even notice
> the QR code on each and every product. Maybe if there was a banner up
> people could take a picture of the QR code, but it seems overkill on
> the product itself.
>
> Anyway, that's all an aside. I think it's great that someone is taking
> Ubuntu and packaging it up for people using his own resources. More
> people should do this :)
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Well it was just an idea, i thought there would be no harm in suggesting
it,  will it cost extra to put one on the official cd wallet, ? I just
thought it may help people who pick up a cd from say a cafe or somewhere
and can scan the code for more info via the official website

I am seeing QR codes on a lot of things,  we have a real chance in 2012
to make inroads,  and with windows 8 out in 2012,  we need every edge we
can get,  as Microsoft will market this with a lot of aggression.  so we
need to do the same but in our own way with our limited budgets,  I am
keeping the codes on my flyer.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Join the revolution, switch to Ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com