[ubuntu-uk] DVD Booklets?

Grant Phillips-Sewell dcglug at cornwall-it.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 01:11:05 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have burnt some Ubuntu DVDs for use in my College (the department is
slowly coming around to the idea of getting the students to work with
"other systems" on occasion).

I used the 11.10 Release DVD image from here:
  http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/alternative-download#dvd.

As I have a Lightscribe burner and some Lightscribe discs, I made them
look pretty with the image from here:
  http://www.thepowerbase.com/2011/10/lightscribe-in-linux-make-gorgeous-discs-in-ubuntu/

I have modified the DVD wrap from here:
  http://spreadubuntu.org/en/material/packaging/lucid-lynx-1004-dvd-cover-desktop-x86
and made it look like this:
  http://tinyurl.com/cfmogrk
(the QR points to http://www.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/why-use-ubuntu ... I
did try with my funky Circle-of-Friends QR code, but for some reason
it won't scan on a purple background, whereas the plain QR will.
Odd.)

So, I have the pretty discs; I have the pretty DVD wraps... but I
don't have any dead-tree materials to go inside the DVD case.

Anyone know of any decent, fairly small materials I could print off to
put inside the DVD cases?  Like those booklets you typically get in a
DVD movie box.

I'm also open for critique on the DVD wrap.  I haven't printed them
yet, so there's still time! :D

Cheers.
Grant. :)