[ubuntu-uk] shutdown during log in: is it a feature?

Andrés Muñiz Piniella andresmp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 09:09:28 UTC 2011

Hello,

It used to be the case, at least I seem to remember, that if I was in the
log in of ubuntu (now light dm I think) if I pressed the shutdown button
(on the hardware) it will give me 60 seconds to shutdown but would
eventually shutdown.

The reason for this is that some times I turn on the computer but then
realize I do not have time or am called elsewhere ( I do not even turn on
screen). I would like to shutdown without having to do the hold 5 seconds
button.

Maybe I should not worry about doing a "hard" shutdown during login? I can
spare 5 seconds normally.

--
Andrés Muñiz-Piniella