[ubuntu-uk] qlcodes on ubuntu cd wallets

Grant Phillips-Sewell dcglug at cornwall-it.co.uk
Thu Dec 22 00:10:28 UTC 2011

Something like this:
http://tinyurl.com/QRUBUNTUCOF

I created a 200x200 QR of "http://www.ubuntu.com" using
"http://www.qrstuf.com".  Downloaded it.  Upscaled it to 800x800.
Downloaded the Ubuntu COF EPS file(s) from
"http://design.canonical.com/the-toolkit/ubuntu-brand-guidelines/".
Imported the orange COF at 800x800, superimposed onto the QR code and
spent about 5 mins in GIMP merging the two.  The COF is quite apparent
in the result, and the QR still works nicely.

Two things that I'm really not sure about.  Firstly, I feel the QR
would work better with more datapoints - that way there would be
fewer, and smaller "gaps" in the resultant QR/COF composition.
Secondly, I'm not sure that QR-linking to "http://www.ubuntu.com" is
very productive.  The main Ubuntu website does not work especially
well on a small screen (http://tinyurl.com/UBUNTUonHTC ... I know the
picture is large, but the HTC Sensation has a high res screen, the
device itself is still only about 4.5" corner-to-corner).

Grant.