[ubuntu-uk] connecting an EXT filesystem to my xbox?

Kris Douglas krisdouglas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 11:40:57 UTC 2011

On 13 December 2011 11:15, javadayaz <javadayaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you all know i recently bought a SATA hard drive enclosure for my hard
> drives from my Ubuntu system. This was in formatted in EXT3/4 filesystem.
>
> I still have some videos on there in .avi format but i know the xbox360
> doesnt play nice with EXT.
>
> Does anyone have a workaround?
>
> The enclosure has a USB connection which i would connect to the 360!
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Javad

I believe the best you could do is backup the media to another
machine, format the hard drive to FAT (I am not sure about NTFS) and
then restore the media to the drive.

This would obviously remove everything from the drive that you don't
backup but it will work.

--
Regards, Kris Douglas.
 www.krisd.eu