[ubuntu-uk] No, You Won't See Me on Facebook, Google Plus, nor Skype - Bradley M. Kuhn ( Brad ) ( bkuhn )

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 14:36:47 UTC 2011

On 12 December 2011 09:13, mac <ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> What do you reckon to Brad's argument?...
>
> http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2011/11/24/google-plus.html
>
> mac

I wish I could agree 100% with Brad, but we live in the real world.  The
only app that I can use to make a full AV connection to someone using
Windows is Skype.  The Empathy guys don't seem to have got the NAT
traversal sorted out so I cannot use MSN or Google Talk AV.  Sadly, it also
sometimes stops me from recommending Ubuntu to Windows users, unless they
can use Skype instead of MSN to meet their grandchildren on-line.

Tony

PS if I'm wrong about Empathy not making AV connections, I would love to
know about it.