[ubuntu-uk] USB 5V DC power: power off?

Andres Muniz Piniella andresmp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 23:58:37 UTC 2011

On 06/12/11 14:45, Jones, Victor wrote:

> As an alternative, you can use the old serial port (COM1) on the
> laptop and drive the data line -- you can easily test that with a
> terminal emulator. (...) I think GTKterm is an equivalent.

I do have a com port! I missed this gem thanks for letting me know. I
have just tagged this as important for my next carboot sale: get a com
cable.

--

Andrés Muñiz Piniella <http://www.linkedin.com/in/andresmp>

Scientist at the National Physical Laboratory: nanomaterials
<http://www.npl.co.uk/nanomaterials>

This is an email sent with Thunderbird on netbook with Ubuntu:
3.0.0-13-generic GNU/Linux

twitter @NPL: <http://www.npl.co.uk> New investment could bring a
space-to-ground link from atomic clock system on the International Space
Station to NPL http://t.co/93V2lSmI