[ubuntu-uk] libreoffice - writer

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 21:11:45 UTC 2011

On 08.12.11 18:58, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> I am encouraging a Windows Office user to change to LibreOffice within
> Ubuntu 11.10.
> [snip]
> 2. Is there a Welsh dictionary available so that it is possible to
> produce documents in Welsh without lots of words being underlined in red
> and spelling can be checked?

Looking at the description of the libreoffice-l10n-cy package, it's the
one to install to get the menus, etc. in Welsh. It refers to the
following packages to get hyphenation and spelling support:
hunspell-dictionary-cy or myspell-dictionary-cy,
hyphen-cy,
mythes-cy,
libreoffice-help-cy

Unfortunately, none of those seem to be packaged in 11.04. I do have
aspell-cy installed, but I don't use Libre Office enough to know whether
or not that allows the Welsh spellchecker to work.

> Norman

Neil.