[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu - Wrong Direction?

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Sat Dec 3 13:24:06 UTC 2011

Barry Drake wrote:

> On 03/12/11 04:15, Liam Proven wrote:
> > I think it is easier if you have Mac experience. If all someone
> > knows is Windows, they're lost.
>
> In a recent post, Paula said exactly the opposite - and she's working
> with Windows folk at FossBox on a day to day basis.

I think we (the Ubuntu community) massively overplay the standardisation
in ability and expectations of a Windows user. I don't see why we seem
to feel that Linux needs umpteen window managers to satisfy all its
users (which it clearly does) but Windows users have only ever wanted
the Windows 2000 interface and are completely stumped as soon as the
start menu is at the top.

--
Avi