[ubuntu-uk] Printer Problem

Michael Daniels michael_d at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 22:07:55 UTC 2011

> Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 21:00:55 +0000
> From: ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
> To: ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Printer Problem
>
> On 02/12/11 20:51, Neil Greenwood wrote:
> > Ahh, I've also just noticed on the Policies tab (I'm using 11.04, so
> > it might be slightly different), there's an "Operation Policy"
> > setting, which has the values "Default behaviour" and "Authenticated"
> > - mine is set to "Default", so check yours isn't set to "Authenticated".
>
> I missed that one!  Well spotted Neil - Michael; let us know!!!
>
> Regards,        Barry.
>
> --
> Barry Drake is a member of the the Ubuntu Advertising team.
> http://ubuntuadverts.org/

Mine is set to "Default behaviour"  not nice, everything seems to be right but it works wrong, the wonders of science.I use the list as a last resort, printer authentication seems to be an unknown event.Problem is, if it is related to a recent Ubuntu update, it might still happen if uninstalled/reinstalled.Can be much easier if the cause is known.Thanks for trying, to be continued !Regards, Michael