[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu - Wrong Direction?

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 2 15:03:42 UTC 2011

On 02/12/11 14:42, Simon Watson wrote:
> Gareth,
>
> I do get the feeling that you haven't really planned ahead in setting up your business. It would seem that you'd want to get this stuff sorted out further in advance.

no, it is not unreasonable to expect some kind of response, but we
shouldn't overlook that there have *been* various responses. If someone
is setting up a small business trading in the Ubuntu ecosystem what you
need to do is fill out the trademarks form and ask if they don't care
about your use of the brand.

https://forms.canonical.com/trademark/

Once you have a reply to this you can forget that Canonical exists,
unless you want to pass them a juicy public sector or corporate
deployment lead. They have no further interest in you, and you have no
need of them.

Trademark responses can be a bit slow. This is being looked into. The
thing is not to ask other questions, the only thing you want from
Canonical is confirmation that your use of the trademark is fine.

Alan.

--
Libertus Solutionshttp://libertus.co.uk

--