[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu - Wrong Direction?

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 13:28:41 UTC 2011

On 02/12/11 13:17, scoundrel50a wrote:
> I watch the IRC channels quite a lot, and I would say 60% of the time
> its chatting about nothing, and the rest is support if the person is
> understood......it can be very daunting on there
#ubuntu isn't chatting about nothing, it is all support (and people
behaving badly and then being guided in how to be less childish - this
is a problem and there is a substantial team of operators trying to keep
it under control). #ubuntu-uk is a little more relaxed and friendly, but
support questions are answered.

> Alan told the op, either like it or go, which is basically the same
> thing like it or lump it, and if like me you arent computer literate
> and do need help, seeing that doesnt help.....and if you noticed, that
> op hasnt appeared since
these are quite different things, "Like it or lump it" is suggesting
that the options are to be happy with it or be unhappy with it. "like it
or go" is suggestion the options are to be happy with it or be happy
with something else. Twice the happy!

> So, people like me who likes Ubuntu, its going to be even more
> difficult in the future to get help?
not really, it will be much the same, or better
> Does that mean you are making Ubuntu into a Business OS?
I hope so! Wouldn't it be great if people used Ubuntu at work because it
was the most suitable operating system. That doesn't mean you can't use
it at home too.

Alan.

--
Libertus Solutions http://libertus.co.uk