[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu - Wrong Direction?

Alan Pope alan at canonical.com
Fri Dec 2 12:40:35 UTC 2011

On 02/12/11 12:24, scoundrel50a wrote:
> Going round in cirlces again, we had this discussion not long ago and it
> seems every year we have the same one (and I remember 7.04 being
> intropduced), and the same things are being talked about and the same
> attitude if you dont like it, go somewhere else.

Your mail seems more tailored to people wanting support. My comments are
not relating to support "my display doesn't work" but "Ubuntu is
rubbish, it should change" style comments.

If you can't make it work, by all means try various methods to get
support. If you don't _like_ Ubuntu then it's entirely within your
rights to use a different distro, and if we can't accommodate your
requirements we are perfectly within our rights to say "try another distro".

> I still have a computer that is fairly new, and I cant get 11.04 or
> 11.10 to install on it, and I still havent been able to get help to see
> if it will ever be able to get it to work, I had to buy a new computer
> another one, not many people will do that....very few in fact
> would.......and I am getting support from the company that I bought it
> from, or I would have had similar problems, not being able to get
> support.....

If I recall last time we discussed this we recommended trying
http://askubuntu.com/ to get some support. How did that work out?

Al.