[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu - Wrong Direction?

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 2 06:04:28 UTC 2011

Hi
I am one of, seemingly, many users who does not like Unity or Gnome3. If that were the end of the story then I would be looking for another distro too. However, one of the strengths of Ubuntu is its variety of flavours. If you like Gnome 2, take a look at Xubuntu. Xfce is now a lot like Gnome 2, but with less bloat and more common sense applied. Xfce's main shortcoming is that its file manager, Thunar, is a little lacking in advanced functionality, but you can always install Nautilus which works just fine.
Regards
Nige