[ubuntu-uk] Libre Office – troubleshooting

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 16 10:54:02 UTC 2011

On 16/08/11 10:53, Emily Maher wrote:
> Hello everyone!
Hi!
> It is probably worth mentioning that I am using Libre Office in Mac OS
> as my machine doesn't seem to get along too well with Ubuntu :-(

can you elaborate on this a bit, if we can get Ubuntu running on your
machine, or you can find a working machine then it would be easier to
reproduce and fix any issues you have. Also if you are designing brand
compliant templates it is more important they look the way you want them
on Ubuntu than Mac OS. I have had huge problems with colour reproduction
on Mac, they do mad stuff with colour spaces and things that start
#dd4814 jump around to all kinds of other colours. I believe it works
well if you use a defined workflow and calibrated everything and adobe
products end to end, but on Ubuntu everything with colour just works as
there is no confusing gamut mapping stuff going on.

Alan.

--
The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at http://libertus.co.uk