[ubuntu-uk] trouble with a "Vodafone TopUp And Go" dongle

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Sat Aug 13 16:03:01 UTC 2011

I plugged one of these into my Ubuntu laptop, which recognised it as a
"Vodafone Mobile Broadband K3570-Z", but I couldn't get a working
connection (the network manager icon in the notification area went
into a very high speed spin with the "trying to connect" two dots).

It worked on someone else's Windows laptop by running the two bits of
software on the USB stick, and no requirement to enter any passwords.
(A "3 Internet" dongle has previously worked on my laptop without any
trouble.)

Does anyone have any tips for configuring this thing?

Thanks,
Adam