[ubuntu-uk] From Evolution to Thunderbird ....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Aug 12 18:17:40 UTC 2011

Overall, I'm pleased that the next release goes back to Thunderbird - I
think it has better possibilities. But, one area I miss is the apparent
lack of control over the sending fields. On Evolution, I was able to
set my sending to use another server than the receive server. I need to
do this because my ISP only allows sending when logged into their own
service, so when I'm away and hooked up to a wi-fi, I can't reply in the
normal way.

Evolution allows for fully setting the from field to my ISP while
sending from another. All Thunderbird allows is changing the 'reply-to'
field ... not quite as good. I took a look at the configuration - the
accounts information is in a file called prefs.js, but I can't see a
workaround there. Any thoughts?

Regards, Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/