[ubuntu-uk] Webcams again

Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 09:18:50 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Tyler J. Wagner [mailto:tyler at tolaris.com]
Sent: 12 August 2011 09:55
To: UK Ubuntu Talk
Cc: Darren Mansell
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Webcams again

On 2011-08-12 09:48, Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk <mailto:Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk>  wrote:

> I've just bought a Logitech C270 HD from Amazon for £17.99. It's

> excellent and works flawlessly in Ubuntu Natty.

Thanks for the tip. I've been looking for a replacement for my simple

640x480 generic Logitech attached to my television . Can you swivel it, so it is looking at an angle that isn't perpendicular to the base? How does it attach?

Regards,

Tyler

--

"[...] the effectiveness of pat-downs does not matter very much, because the obvious goal of the TSA is to make the pat-down embarrassing enough for the average passenger that the vast majority of people will choose high-tech humiliation over the low-tech ball check."

   -- Jeffrey Goldberg, "For the First Time, the TSA Meets Resistance"

      The Atlantic, 2010-10-29

Unfortunately it's very much a sit on top of the monitor and face forward type. It's quite flat and operates in the same way as a built-in webcam in a laptop. It's quite clear on the site: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-960-000582-C270-HD-Webcam/dp/B003R1O320