[ubuntu-uk] Best Buy .....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Aug 2 11:39:31 UTC 2011

Hi there ....  following the 'Surprised in PC World' thread ....  our
Nottingham PC world is extremely unhelpful when the word 'Linux' is
mentioned.  Recently a 'Best Buy' store opened just over the road from
PC world and I popped in yesterday deliberately mentioning Linux.

The assistant I spoke to obviously knew a bit about Linux, but called
over a colleague.  He walked over to the printers and showed me several
with a penguin on the box and told me that all of these (pointing to
several others) should 'just work' but go on the internet and check your
distro first.  He also told me that Acer was now producing a netbook
with Ubuntu pre-installed, but sadly, they didn't sell it!

I was delighted to find someone who actually knew something!  This may
be just our local branch, but for me it was a welcome change.

Regards,		Barry.
http://ubuntuadverts.org/