[ubuntu-uk] Press releases .....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Aug 2 11:16:55 UTC 2011

Hi there ....  A few days ago, Laura Czajkowski made the suggestion that
Ubuntu Advertising and/or Ubuntu Marketing might look at preparing and
sending press releases to appropriate media.  Since then, I've been
looking at what happens at present.  All I can find are spasmodic
releases from Canonical which sometimes reflect the state of play with
the latest Ubuntu release.

Do any of you know of anything more than this?

If not, could I suggest a sub group committed to circulating a regular
media news letter (two or three times a year).  I'll be happy to receive
contributions, collate them and write it up, then circulate it.  It
would need to target computer magazines, press generally, radio and TV.

Are there any opinions?  And any volunteers to feed news items into
this?

Kind regards,		Barry.
http://ubuntuadverts.org/