[ubuntu-uk] Borked my Mac installing Ubuntu 11.04, now blackscreens & beeps on restart then takes exactly 4 attemptsto boot

bodsda at googlemail.com bodsda at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 30 14:22:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

First off, forgive me if I make any assumptions or misconceptions, I don't own a mac.

On the three attempts that fail to boot, does the POST display at all? If not, then a single long beep (on PC architecture) is a key indicator of a hardware fault.

My advice would be to remove all internal hard drives, reseat any cards/modules (ram, gfx card etc.) Then boot. If that works, add the HD in and test, if that is reliably booting, then try the ssd, if that fails, take the HD out and try the ssd on its own.

HTH,
Bodsda

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com