[ubuntu-uk] Will kernel problems in Maverick mean i have kernel problems in Natty?

James Morrissey morrissey.james1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:57:42 UTC 2011

Thanks for this but there are some things i don't quite understand.

1. Does this mean that i can add the natty kernel to my GRUB screen
and run Maverick off it?

If so:

2. (Because i don't understand the nomenclature) is the last Natty
kernel on that list (v2.6.39-rc4-natty/), the closest to the one that
will be released today?

If so:

3. What do i do with the file. Do i need to download the headers or
the image (or both) and what do i do to them to get them into the GRUB
screen.

Sorry if the answers to these questions seem obvious, but i don't know
anything about kernels.

Thanks,

james.

On 28 April 2011 10:31, J Fernyhough <j.fernyhough at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 April 2011 09:46, James Morrissey <morrissey.james1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
> <snip>
>>
>> If anyone can help me out on this, or point me to a site with relevant
>> information, that would be great.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> James
>>

> One way would be to try the Natty mainline kernel builds on Maverick
> and find out!
>
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/
>
> This also has an archive of older kernel versions.
>
> Jonathon

James Morrissey
DPhil Candidate in Development Studies
New College