[ubuntu-uk] Losing wireless Connection - off topic

Graham Smith myotistwo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 17:37:00 UTC 2011

Dave,

> I've had a similar problem with my wireless connection getting slower and
> slower, losing connection, resetting etc.
>
> The same laptop when running Win 7 didn't have the problem, other laptops
> in the house didn't have the problem at the same time I was losing
> connection.
>
> After a bit of playing around, I ended up changing channels on the router
> and since then, no problems at all.

Thanks, I will have a look at that, it maybe that something has changed
recently, its worked fine for 2 - 3 years.

When you say access points, do you mean something like next door getting a
wireless network, which uses the same channel as my wireless network?

If this was the case wouldn't I pick up the fact there was a wireless
network in range? None are detected.

Graham