[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu 11.04 Launch Party 28th April

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Thu Apr 14 21:56:39 UTC 2011

Just a few weeks to go until the launch of the next version of Ubuntu,
11.04 the Natty Narwhal and we are sorting out plans for the launch day.
Sadly the event that we were talking about at the BCS didn't quite come
together, apparently everyone at Canonical is rather busy that day
working on some kind of product release, who knew!

Anyhow, the event we have planned will be great, it consists of going to
a pub, specifically The Porterhouse, 21-22 Maiden Lane, Covent Garden,
and staying there until we get kicked out. The simplest plans are always
the best.

There is an event page on the LoCo directory for it, where you can
indicate your intention to be in attendance, or just turn up, we won't
be taking a register.
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/889/detail/

Wear something geeky or Orange, possibly one of these to be fully up to
date with the latest fashions
http://shop.canonical.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=natty&op=Search

. . . or perhaps one of these if you are a bit detached from reality
http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=776 or a cyclist,
which in London amounts to the same thing.

See you there, and do take photos!

Alan Bell
Ubuntu-UK LoCo Team Leader