[ubuntu-uk] Very Off Topic - Apologies in advance.

Kris Douglas krisdouglas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:49:08 UTC 2011

On 14 April 2011 15:28, Dave Hanson <d.hanson at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hiya Everyone,
>
> I was wondering if might ask an off topic question please as I assume that
> there are many people on this list who may do something similar?
>
> I'm planning on doing some data recovery work from home when I finish my
> degree (Computer Forensics Bsc), My plan is to promote myself through my
> Wordpress powered blog (shameless plug: hansonforensics.co.uk). - It is on
> an Ubuntu Server! ;)
>
> I need some sort of ecommerce plugin for Wordpress which will allow clients,
> and myself to upload large files (HDD Images, so I'm talking GB's) and take
> payment from them for recovering their files and things - Obviosly not every
> job would involve huge amounts of data, but some may.
>
> The main problem is that I would prefer to take either the expected amount
> in full and reserve it until the job is completed, with the option of
> returning it to the client or take a small diagnostic fee in advance and log
> what fee came from who/what job number.
>
> Could anyone reccomend a plugin or perhaps share how they conduct such
> transactions?
>
> Thanks - And as I say, Apologies in advance for being off topic.

Hi Dave, it is pretty computer related, which is good enough for me.
Ok, web servers really aren't designed to handle a hard drive image
being uploaded, 80gig is a LOT nevermind 250 or 500+

It would actually be faster to have the customer send their disk via
special delivery, or you requesting a courier to go and collect the
unit. As for ecommerce, I would recommend OpenCart, not integrated
with Wordpress, but it is the nuts.

--
Regards, Kris Douglas.
 T. 0845 004 2066 | M. 07728574285