[ubuntu-uk] New omputer.......Ubuntu install help

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 18:03:47 UTC 2011

On 07/04/11 13:41, scoundrel50a wrote:
> Thanks everybody. I was thinking of adding some more RAM, to make it
> faster.
>
> I will give it a try with the 64 bit.

To be honest I'm not sure extra RAM will make it much faster, not unless
you're running shed loads at once.  I have a 2Ghz Core 2 Duo and 4GB Ram
and I don't notice any major real speed difference in day to day stuff
than I do from my 1.4Ghz Core 2 Duo work laptop with 2GB Ram.

Plus you can use 4GB RAM with 32-Bit without any problems (and yes you
see the full 4GB unlike with 32-Bit Vista and Windows 7 where it only
uses 3.25GB).

Rob