[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu UK Virtual Global Jam

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Apr 4 08:03:33 UTC 2011

On 4 April 2011 08:55, Hassan "Haz" Williamson <haz at hazrpg.co.uk> wrote:
> I must say I enjoyed the Global Jam :).

Me too! Massive thanks to Alan Bell for doing so much organisation,
and to The Open Learning Centre for setting up the mumble server.

I found the ability to talk about stuff whilst we watched the install
on screen was great. Much faster and clearer than using IRC.

Maybe we could have more of these, more regularly, but in an evening
when people are less likely to be worshipping their mothers?

How about a UK Evening Jam where we pick one thing to do in an evening
and use mumble to co-ordinate?

Just 2 hours of an evening isn't a massive ask and people can dip in
when they like.

Cheers,
Al.