[ubuntu-uk] Streaming Audio - Cross-Platform

Daniel Case danielcase10 at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 20 21:51:36 BST 2010

I'm not quite sure where this should be asked as it is a cross-platform
thing. I am fed up of listening to my (Windows XP) gaming computer through
headphones so I want to get it hooked to the stereo.

Rather than use a heck of a lot of wire, I can sit my Ubuntu 9.10 netbook on
top of the stereo and stream the audio across WiFi. So, ideally what I am
after is something to capture the outgoing audio on the Windows computer,
stream it across the wifi to the Ubuntu netbook and finally play it through
the speakers.

I will of course need it to be cross-platform too, does anybody have any
ideas?

Daniel