[ubuntu-uk] 10.04 Pssword request each 6 minutes

Michael Daniels michael_d at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 11:57:29 BST 2010

Thanks, Alan, was active and set to 5 minutes, now set to inactive and 2 hours, will see how it goes.

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:53:28 +0100
From: alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
To: ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] 10.04 Pssword request each 6 minutes

On 12/09/10 11:50, Michael Daniels wrote:

checked all settings, I do not see why I have to input my password
every 6 minutes, if no input. This is a problem with streaming video,
part is missed whilst the password is re-entered. Have tried 3
browsers, same problem. Any suggested solution, appreciated, thanks.

do you mean that the screensaver cuts in? if so just turn it off.
System-preferences-screensaver and turn it off or make the idle time
longer. You can also tell it not to lock the screen when the
screensaver is active, that way it won't ask for the password when you
move the mouse or whatever.

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com