[ubuntu-uk] Using Wubi on a dual partition machine

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 14:13:31 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 14:03 +0100, Keith Powell wrote:
> Thanks for the information.
>
> To explain a little more thoroughly.
>
> The Windows7 installation is an OEM version and the main/rescue
> partitions are as installed by the manufacturer, HP.
>
> But the use of Wubi is looking promising, so far!!
>
> Cheers.
>
> Keith

I think the only issue people are having is if there is an update to
grub.  It asks if you want to install the changes to the mbr  you don't
click NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just to clarify that's
NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that you should be fine.

If you install to the mbr you effectively gain a dual boot system with
no ubuntu install for grub to mount then removing grub causes the
issues.

--
Seek That Thy Might Know

http://www.davmor2.co.uk