[ubuntu-uk] Updating Website on server.......

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 17:43:06 BST 2010

On 05/09/10 16:27, John Matthews wrote:
>    On the advice of somebody on here, I installed Vanilla Forums, which
> seemed to go ok and is working sort of. The problem is, it needs
> updating, and I have tried and tried to update it, and it wont work. I
> just dont know how to update using the Terminal. God knows I have tried.
> I just wondered if somebody could give me an some help please, it
> shouldnt take too long.

I'd not heard of Vanilla before.

On the website there's an upgrade page and, perhaps unsurprisingly, a
support forum where you probably stand a better chance of getting help.

Also, you will need to explain what exactly you are trying to upgrade
from and to in terms of versions and also the major versions of the
supporting software your server is running, e.g. PHP, MySQL and Apache
are probably the most critical.

Also, just telling us "it wont work." is not really very helpful. What
doesn't work? What is it that your are doing?

There's a page with upgrade instructions too:
http://vanillaforums.org/page/UpgradeInstructions

HTH

Al

--