[ubuntu-uk] Flash/Iplayer issues

Jim Price d1version at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 30 10:56:36 BST 2010

On 29/10/10 00:39, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 28 October 2010 23:34, Tim Dobson<lists at tdobson.net>  wrote:
>> Is anyone else affected by this and can suggest any potential fixes or
>> workarounds.
>>
>> Not at all scared of getting my hands dirty. :)
>
> Sadly this sounds like a bug that unfortunately I have memorised the
> number of - 410407.
>
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/flashplugin-nonfree/+bug/410407

Wow - that's some bug report!

I had this problem and didn't get as far as looking for a bug report
because it was being caused by a Flash setting on this page:

<http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html>

I had "allow third party ..." unchecked, but it broke all flash based
movie players whose content was on a different domain to the player,
with the same symptoms of non-working buttons.

I have to admit I didn't read the whole bug report to see if this has
been mentioned. Also, all pages with flash content have to be closed as
the setting only takes effect when flash is restarted, and the settings
manager itself is a Flash app - doh!.

--
JimP