[ubuntu-uk] Server won't start without screen

Tyler J. Wagner tyler at tolaris.com
Tue Oct 26 23:00:02 BST 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 21:57 +0100, Simon Greenwood wrote:
> You could try disabling the DVI port in the Ubuntu config.

I doubt very, very much that Ubuntu has anything to do with this. Start
by checking that EFI, the Mac equivalent of BIOS, has a setting to
"ignore boot errors", or "headless boot", or something like that.

Disclaimer: I'm very familiar with the boot process on PC hardware, but
have never done anything with EFI.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Your enemy is never a villain in his own eyes. Keep this in mind; it
may offer a way to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him