[ubuntu-uk] Mint 9 and Windows 2000 Server

Ronnie Tucker ronnie at ronnietucker.co.uk
Sat Oct 23 21:24:45 BST 2010

I have my EEE PC (with Mint 9) hooked up to a Windows 2000 server at
work. The server is set to force the user to change their password every
30 days and the new password mustn't be the same as any of the previous
dozen or so passwords.

When the password is due to change my Mint 9 can't log in to the
network. I have to end up going to a Windows machine, changing my
password then go back to my Mint9 machine.

Is there a way I can do the password change within Mint 9?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Ronnie