[ubuntu-uk] apache not correctly running php scripts

Philip Newborough corenominal at corenominal.org
Sat Oct 23 15:52:23 BST 2010

>> On 20 October 2010 23:42, Marc Deslauriers
>> <marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca <mailto:marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 22:29 +0100, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
>>     > I am trying to install squirrelmail onto my new mail server, however
>>     > it appears that Apache is not running the server-side php scripts as
>>     > when I try to open the squirrelmail page FireFox reports that
>>     the file
>>     > will be downloaded as it's mime type is
>>     application/x-httpd-suphp if i
>>     > open the downloaded file I can see that none of the php has been
>>     > phrased is is clearly visible, which it should not be. I'd like some
>>     > help on this one as I'm a web developer not a mail server admin

Have you managed to sort this yet? If not, I noticed the mime type was
returning "application/x-httpd-suphp", from the suPHP FAQ:
-----
Q. I have installed and configured suPHP, but PHP scripts are still
not executed. Instead of returning the script output, the source code
itself is returned.

A. Please make sure you have not only setup the file extensions using
the AddType directive but also have registered the MIME type with
mod_suphp using the suPHP_AddHandler directive.
-----

I am not sure if ^ will help, but it might be worth looking into. :)

 -- Philip