[ubuntu-uk] What accounting software to recommend

Gordon Burgess-Parker gbplinux at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 11:58:39 BST 2010

On 22/10/2010 12:45, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
> Sage is a "proprietary" business and has
> successfully tied in most of the accountancy practices in the UK. (
> Although we are working on that ;-) )

As a recently-retired Management/Systems Accountant who has worked in
all sizes of organmisations from one-man-band advertising agencies to
billion £ PLCs I can very definitely say

I HATE SAGE! I HATE SAGE! I HATE SAGE!
It's one of the WORST accounts packages ever invented. The reason it's
so popular, like MS, is marketing.