[ubuntu-uk] Udevadm trigger not permitted when udev not configured error

Thomas Ibbotson thomas.ibbotson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 10:17:30 BST 2010

Hi all,

After the latest kernel updates, I am getting the error in the subject
line at boot up. Initially it wouldn't boot up at all and dropped to
some sort of minimal shell, but I could still boot to the old kernel
and I found a workaround which was to turn off UUID in grub. Does
anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it? My boot up
time has almost tripled as it sits at the error message until timing
out now.

Thanks,
Tom