[ubuntu-uk] Powerline Recommendations

Bob Giles thecorfiot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 13:17:16 BST 2010

On 22/10/10 12:31, Simon Swaysland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to connect a server to my home LAN, but it's too far for a
> reliable wireless connection. Ideally I would like to use CAT5, but I
> don't think the wife would apprecite me pulling up the laminate floor
> to lay it!
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for powerline adapters? All the
> power wiring in my house is <5 years old.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon
>
> --

Simon,

I too will add my voice in support of the Devolo system. It has been
running faultlessly here. Don't worry about the age of your wiring. Mine
is running on a Greek three phase system and as for people worried about
lightning, I have a surge protection system wired into the distribution
box that is so sensitive that it trips every time a sparrow lands on the
power lines! Power surges and lightning strikes are a serious issue here
.... in Corfu! Voltage regulators and UPSs reign supreme here!

Regards,

Bob