[ubuntu-uk] apache not correctly running php scripts

Jacob Mansfield cyberjacob at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 22:29:38 BST 2010

I am trying to install squirrelmail onto my new mail server, however it
appears that Apache is not running the server-side php scripts as when I try
to open the squirrelmail page FireFox reports that the file will be
downloaded as it's mime type is application/x-httpd-suphp if i open the
downloaded file I can see that none of the php has been phrased is is
clearly visible, which it should not be. I'd like some help on this one as
I'm a web developer not a mail server admin
Jacob Mansfield
Programmer