[ubuntu-uk] Support - Where are we in the real world

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 20 18:52:37 BST 2010

  On 20/10/10 10:42, jakewc2 wrote:
> Well, this thread was a total waste of time. All this crap about help,
> willingness, is a load of bollocks. Your just a nasty group of people.

Well having got in from work and looked through my IRC scrollback it
would appear that you got all abusive and earned yourself a ban from the
channel in less than an hour, during which time you *were* being helped
and your initial networking issue was solved (albeit by plugging the
wire in correctly). People come and go on the channel and you were
requested to be patient. If you had waited, maybe provided more
information someone else would have come along who knew a bit more about
what it was you were trying to do and would have been able to help you
further.

I don't want to turn this into a long argumentative and ultimately
pointless thread, but I would invite you to look through the logs for
today, all of it, including the bit you were in and see what normally
happens in the channel.

http://logs.ubuntu-eu.org/freenode/2010/10/20/%23ubuntu-uk.html

Alan.