[ubuntu-uk] Support - Where are we in the real world

jim.cameron at buhlergroup.com jim.cameron at buhlergroup.com
Wed Oct 20 12:55:01 BST 2010

> On 20 October 2010 10:42, jakewc2 <jakewc2 at sky.com> wrote:
> > Well, this thread was a total waste of time. All this crap
> about help,
> > willingness, is a load of bollocks. Your just a nasty group
> of people.
>
> I seem to remember we helped you out ok with your problem
> using an unstable version of Chrome which could not access
> www.petsathome.com

Gentlemen,

I'm not saying that Mr Matthews doesn't deserve it, but continually reminding an extremely frustrated person whose own problem isn't being resolved how helpful everybody is is only going to push them further over the edge. Might we agree not to rub his nose in the generally excellent quality of Ubuntu community support if he in turn agrees not to call the community a bunch of lazy bastards?

I should like to ask two questions that I think we've lost sight of in the enthusiasm for flame wars and the new geek locator project.

1) Did we, in fact, find somebody near John who might be able to pop over and help him out?

2) What was his problem anyway?

jim
--
Jim Cameron
Software Engineer

Buhler Sortex Limited
Research and Development Department
20 Atlantis Avenue
London E16 2BF
Registered in England No. 434274
T +44(0)20 7055 7607
F +44(0)20 7055 7701

Mail to: jim.cameron at buhlersortex.com
www.buhlersortex.com

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential,
may be legally privileged and is designated exclusively
for the intended recipient. Access by any other person is
not authorised. Any disclosure of this e-mail or of names
of persons mentioned therein as well as any storing,
copying, distribution and dissemination is strictly prohibited.

If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately
delete this e-mail and notify the sender by phone or by e-mail.