[ubuntu-uk] LTS or Latest Version??

Tony Doherty tony.doherty at zen.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 23:32:39 BST 2010

I am always keen to update to the latest releases of Ubuntu.

However, can I ask - if I were to stick with a LTS version such as 10.4 long term - would this version eventually receive updates to upgrade to the latest versions of, say, FireFox and OpenOffice when they become available?

Or, are the LTS version releases synchronised to match new releases of the above software?

In short - for a relative newbie like me (1 year's experience!!) - what is the policy behind Ubuntu releases?

Many Thanks