[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu November- A little school project for you all?

Tim Dalton t.dalton at wildern.hants.sch.uk
Tue Oct 19 15:44:07 BST 2010

Hello all,

Apologies for joining and posting to the list all in one day, but we have a
project going on that we thought you might be interested in getting involved
with (and Alan said we should post on here...).

I'll stick a link at the bottom of the post to a more detailed version, but
in short we are planning to get as many people in education as possible to
spend November trying out Ubuntu. We have IT staff, teachers, students, and
a couple of whole departments involved already, and the idea is spreading to
the point where other schools are signing up.

We're appealing out to the community for people that are willing to join in
and blog about their experiences (are you a teacher or parent maybe?), but
also for those willing to offer support for people that have problems. Would
be great if we could use the community to help, to promote, or point new
users in the direction of something you know would be good.

There's a blog for the project just started at ubuntu.1monthof.org if you'd
like more info, and do give me a shout if you would like to be involved.

Thanks in advance everybody,

Tim

Tim Dalton
ICT Team