[ubuntu-uk] Support - Where are we in the real world

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Mon Oct 18 22:23:19 BST 2010

  On 18/10/10 22:20, Will Bickerstaff wrote:

> There is an open streetmap plugin for wordpess that can place multiple
> markers using a flat file.
>
> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/osm/
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wp-osm-plugin#adding_a_list_of_markers
>
> How manageable would something like that be?
>
> Not looked at it too closely but I'd imagine pulling the marker data
> from something other than a flat file would be a fairly trivial change.

as luck would have it that was just pointed out in IRC
http://beta.ubuntu-uk.org/where-are-we/
there is a bit of a bug with it throwing up the error you see at the top
of the screen. It can pull data from custom fields on posts as well. If
pulling from a text file it has to be served up from the same server
apparently, which should be fine (just means we can't pull from a page
on wiki.ubuntu.com for example)

Alan.

--
Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre

Web: http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com

Mob: +44 (0)7738 789190
Tel: +44 (0)844 3576000

The Open Learning Centre is a trading name of Bell Lord Ltd,
a company registered in England and Wales #05868943.
VAT Registration #GB 901 4715 55