[ubuntu-uk] Wanted: Inverness - Support - Where are we in the real world

A J Binnie gus.binnie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 23:28:20 BST 2010

On 16 October 2010 21:57, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> wrote:

> Wanted:
> I have some friends in  INVERNESS  who use Ubuntu after my initial
> help, but they have some display problems and they are not experienced
> enough to make best use of phone help. Anyone around Inverness  wiling
> and able, do please contact me?

I'm fairly close to Inverness (40 miles), but I'm not much of an
expert. Any time I've had display problems, I've usually just
re-installed. If it's something relatively simple, I could have go -
I'm fairly comfortable with the command line and editing files, I
suppose.

Is it a laptop or a desktop machine? If it's the former, I could
possibly meet halfway - I'm quite often in Nairn, which is between the
two places.

Gus