[ubuntu-uk] Openfire

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 18:16:57 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 1:04 AM, Jon Spriggs <jon at sprig.gs> wrote:
> On 16 October 2010 00:47, Tony Pursell <ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 23:11 +0100, Simon Greenwood wrote:
>>> Only in the same way as you. Jabber and video isn't that well
>>> integrated as yet and there isn't a dedicated client that does that
>>> apart from maybe Google Talk.
>>>
>>> Simon

>> Last time I tried it, Empathy supported video chat with Jabber.
>>
>> Tony
>
> I concur, Empathy supports it.
>
> (Also, in case anyone is interested, OpenFire is the XMPP server that
> the OneSocialWeb project - a microblogging via XMPP service, backed by
> Vodaphone, are using)
> --
> Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs

Thanks for replying Tony, Jon, Simon.

Unfortunately although I get some leeway to put Linux solutions in at
the server level (and I'm testing Openfire on the Ubuntu platform at
the moment) my employer only has Windows on the desktop.

Empathy doesn't have a Windows port at the moment but knowing that
you've got video working with Empathy gives me a bit of hope that I
can get a decent video solution up and running using something or
other.

Thanks,

Chris