[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu/Linux is still not an OS for the masses - discuss

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 21:47:52 BST 2010

On 14/10/10 11:26, Barry Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 10:59 +0100, John Matthews wrote:
>> Hi Rob, Unfortunately, its my pc, that is the main problem, and I dont
>> have transport to pick up my pc, and take it to a lug meeting.
>
> Ubuntu folk are (for the most part) really helpful people.  If you
> happened to live close to Nottingham I would happily pop around and
> spend a couple of hours, especially if you were to offer a beer!  I'm
> sure the same goes for many of us around the country.  Why not give your
> approx. location and see who responds off-list?

I'd second that.  I've been asked a couple of times if I could help
peoples relatives/friends out who are close to me, if it turns out
they're not so close I can usually find a fellow LUG member closer who
is willing to help.

I'm sure other members of the Ubuntu-UK list would be the same, happy to
pop over and help someone out over a cup of tea/beer if they were near by.

Rob